Review: Shift


Author: Heather MacKinnon.
Genre: Paranormal Romance.
Rating: đŸ«đŸ«đŸ«đŸ«đŸ«

Blurb:

Hard working criminal lawyer Elizabeth Montgomery is finally taking a vacation, a solo trip to the mountains of North Carolina to a cozy little cabin in the woods. Unfortunately, she doesn’t even get to spend one night there. She takes an early evening hike and ends up on the wrong side of a vicious animal attack. Or so she thought. When she’s found and rescued by sexy stranger, Abraham, she soon finds out it was a werewolf that attacked her. And that she’s the newest member of Abraham’s pack. Now Elizabeth must navigate the changes that come along with becoming a werewolf while also learning to fit into this tight knit pack. For an only child who rarely speaks with her own parents, getting close to Abraham and his family might just be scarier than becoming a werewolf.

Cover Review:

The cover is befitting the storyline and has a mystique quality to it that I really like. 

Book Review

I devoured Shift in a day. I got this book as an ARC from the author in exchange of an honest review. I had loved the author's previous book so I was looking forward to reading this one.

Though when I received the book and realized it was a werewolf novel, I'd felt very disappointed. Recently, I've encountered way too many badly written werewolf novels, and I'd kinda lost faith in werewolf novels.

But as I started reading Shift, I realized that it was so much better. First off, it wasn't all about romance. There was also a keep you on your toes mystery that made the story worthwhile.

To make it even more better, the lead female was NOT a weakling who falls desperately in love with the big bad alpha. She's an independent chic and a lawyer at that and does not let other people overrule her. I loved her!

Considering I devoured it in a day, you can probably imagine just how unputdownable this novel was. If you like Paranormal stuff, you'll definitely love this one!


Buy Shift now:




A very Happy Release Day to the book!


I also had a fun chat with the author! You can check it out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Tiny Bookish Survey! :)

Hiya Everyone! I'd love to know what you're looking for in a Book Blog, so I can improve myself! What kind of blogs wo...