Review: Ouran High School Host Club


Author: Bisco Hatori.
Genre: Comedy, Romance, Drama.
Rating: 🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫💖💖

Blurb:

One day, Haruhi, a scholarship student at exclusive Ouran High School, breaks an $80,000 vase that belongs to the 'Host Club', a mysterious campus group consisting of six super-rich (and gorgeous) guys. To pay back the damages, she is forced to work for the club, and it's there that she discovers just how wealthy the boys are and how different they are from everybody else.

Cover Review:

The covers of all the volumes showcase one or the other character, and therefore, I love them all.

Book Review:

For the first review of 2018, I'm reviewing this Manga that I actually finished reading last year (three days ago) but I was too overwhelmed by it to write a coherent review.

All the way from Volume One to around Volume Eight (not really sure because I read them altogether and there wasn't a specific marker) Ouran Host Club seems to be just a romantic comedy with the usual array of characters. The goofy stupid guy (Tamaki), the nerd (Haruhi), the mischievous (the Hitachin twins a.k.a. Hikaru and Kauro), the cute one (Honinozuka), the serious one (Morinozuka) and the evil one (Kyoya). 

But later on, I realized that it was so much more. There was heartbreak (I literally read the last few Volumes with watery eyes), there was pain and there was love. 

Listen Haruhi. 
I'm me before I'm a Suoh. 
And I'm proud of that fact. 
-Tamaki Suoh.

I realized that Tamaki isn't all that stupid, that there's a lot about him that no one knows, that there's a lot of pain he overcame to become the aloof guy he is now. 

I realized the importance of family and at the same time I understood what depending on family too much would lead to. 

Ouran Host Club was not just a High school Romantic Comedy, it was real life. 

I had already watched and loved the Anime series before reading this, but the Manga is so much better. 

Ouran Host Club has definitely left a mark on me, and I'll never ever forget it. And I'm pretty sure I'll be re-reading it again and again and again. 


Buy Ouran High School Host Club now:


I wish everyone a Happy New Year! May this year be full of books for you! 

6 comments:

  1. I totally get that feeling of having to process and mull over the material before writing a review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never read Manga. I've tried graphic novels but I struggle to connect with them maybe I should be manga a go as the series seem to be longer.
    Gemma @ www.gemmasbooknook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a series I need to read. I watched the show and fell in love with it. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book looks great :) It's new to me, too, which is an added bonus! Great review :)

    Megan @ Ginger Mom & the Kindle Quest

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am quite new to Manga and this review of yours has made me intrigued. I will check this out.

    Gayathri @ Elgee Writes

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never read any Manga. Great looking box set.

    ReplyDelete

A Tiny Bookish Survey! :)

Hiya Everyone! I'd love to know what you're looking for in a Book Blog, so I can improve myself! What kind of blogs wo...